Mastercard Foundation Scholarship In France 2020-2021
The program set up with the Mastercard Foundation aims to support the career paths of 126 talented African students, and to offer a new generation of decision-makers a high-level university education in social sciences, with the aim of making them agents of change in their country of origin.
For 6 years (2017 – 2022), the program will finance:
- 20 scholarships to study within the Sciences Po Bachelor Program, specialization in Africa
- 46 scholarships to join a Master in one of our seven graduate schools
- 60 scholarships reserved for scholarship holders of the Mastercard Foundation studying at other partner universities of the system and who would like to participate in the Summer School of Sciences Po.
Scholarships are awarded through a network of partner institutions that adhere to the rules for the nomination process for candidates. Only the files of candidates supported by an institution agreeing to adhere to the program regulations will be studied.
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Sciences Po Bachelor program (3 years) within the Europe-Africa program (excluding double-degree programs) on the Reims campus.
The pedagogical approach is multidisciplinary and offers a fundamental curriculum in social sciences – law, economics, history, political science, humanities and sociology – and a specialization on Africa. The third year takes place in Africa, on a university exchange in one of Sciences Po’s partner universities on the continent.
How to Apply?
The scholarship application is made between October and January. No application received after January 29, 2020 at midnight Paris time will be considered.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following conditions:
- Be a resident and citizen of a sub-Saharan African country
- Be in their last year of high school, and not yet started post-secondary training
- Have a very good level in French and English – Minimum level B2 (see the required language levels)
- Being in a situation of need for funding for their higher education
- The application is made online on the dedicated site.
Applicants will be asked to:
- Provide personal information,
- Attach a letter of recommendation from the institution that supports their application for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship program,
- Provide information and supporting documents concerning their financial situation and their educational and extra-curricular background.
- Candidates for the Mastercard Foundation scholarship will be asked to detail, as part of their application, their various experiences and their vision of the issues that specifically affect the African continent. These elements will be decisive for the award jury.
Eligible applicants will receive a notification by email, indicating that they can now apply online to Sciences Po while being exempt from the application fees.
Applicants are encouraged to start their application for the Europe-Africa Program in parallel with their application for the scholarship from the Mastercard Foundation, but to definitively submit their application only after having received the notification of exemption from application fees.